Thursday, February 15, 2007

On the Road...Again

As some of you know, Steve has been less than satisfied with his job here, (long commute, low morale, un-kept promises...) Well, he stumbled upon a great opportunity at another hospital and we're moving at the end of this month! It's all happened so fast, but we feel it's an opportunity, a blessing really that we can't pass up. So, as of Feb. 25th we'll make out home in Danville, IL (near Chicago) I think there's something magnetic about the mid-west!
Steve is intimidated by the responsibilities that come with the promotion, but I know he'll adjust well.
I am nervous about the change, but thrilled about being closer to my family. Chicago's a great city, you're all welcome to come and visit once we get settled, and Hailey, we'll have to meet in Appleton some time!

7 comments:

Hailey said...

Congrats to the new job! And yeah for moving to the midwest. I checked and we're about 9.5 hours from Danville. That's not too bad. We're actually going to Ohio in a few weeks to visit one of Brian's friends and attend the temple. We will definitely have to get together! Good luck with the move, that's crazy to have to do it so fast and with a new baby. I've done that twice and it's crazy. Hopefully he'll sleep a lot for you.

Sarah Palfreyman said...

Heide--Maybe you'll be closer to us too! Our top 2 choices for schools are in Ohio and Michigan, so maybe we'll all three be close together! I am glad that this new opportunity came for you and hope it keeps all its promises. love,
Sarah

Hailey said...

How much fun would that be, we could all get together!

Heide Call said...

This could be better than I even imagined:)
We should plan some sort of reunion, it would be great to see everyone again!

Hailey said...

I'm excited! I have felt so far from everyone for a long time and now you are all (well, most of you) coming to me!
Sarah-When will you hear about schools?

Anonymous said...

Hey...
I was on Sarah's site and noticed you all had one of your own. I was curious what everyone was up to...hope it's ok I checked it out. Anyway, I'm excited for you to move out here, Heide. I actually live in a suburb of Chicago. We are in the Naperville/Aurora area. We've really enjoyed our two years out here. The weather isn't the best, but it's tolerable. Maybe Danville will be different. I'm about 3 hours from Danville...I was hoping you would be closer :( Hope you're all doing well with your families and babies. I have a 3 month old and he is so much fun. Keeps me busy. I'm so excited for Sarah to have a little girl!

Hope you're all doing well!

Deborah

Megan said...

Just another person leaving us farther behind! No really, that is awesome. That will be nice to be closer to "home" and in a better situation. Good luck with selling/buying houses. I am sure that your house has appreciated, even in just the 9 months (?!?) that you have had it!