Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Our Summer






Since this is our last summer in Utah, Dallas and I made a list of things we wanted to do before we moved. Some of the items on the list were very small like 'Go to Jamba Juice.' Others were a little more time consuming like 'Hike Mt. Timpanogos.' I think by the time we move we'll have been able to do almost everything on the list. Unfortunately, Dallas' backpacking trip to the Uinta Mts. got canceled. (I am okay with that!). Here is just a quick summary of the things we've done- with a couple pictures attached of some of them.

1. Visit Temple Square and Salt Lake Temple- strange to think that I got married there and had never done a session there- I really enjoyed going and walking through the grounds.

2. Watch the Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Building- excellent film.

3. Go to IKEA- the store opened in Draper at the end of May- I really enjoyed the trip and found lots of cool things to decorate my house (as we try t sell it) and future things for my apartment in NC.

4. Camping/hiking Mt. Timp. I know Megs has done this and probably more of you- but that is quite the hike- especially if you take a wrong turn like we did! I had never heard of the Glacier that you slide down but it was lots of fun.

5. Visit Zion's Nat'l Park. Luckily my mom had a family reunion there so we were able to do both- we did a hike through Orderville Canyon (similar to the Narrows) and saw some very beautiful slot canyons.

6. Go to Bear Lake- lots of waterskiing..... the waterskiing part is mostly Dallas' doing... I still get butterflies in my stomach every time it is my turn! I will spare you and not post pics of that!


I hope everyone is having a great summer. Miss you all!

Lauren

5 comments:

Megs said...

Lauren, I can't believe that you hiked Timp! I'm glad you enjoyed it. That is so bare--the smallest I have seen that glacier in all the times that I have been up there.

Hailey said...

Looks like tons of fun. I never hiked Timp. I'm not much of a hiker, but it's crazy that I never did. I'm glad you got to.

Unknown said...

Lauren,

This is Sam Abrams. I am hiking timp later this year. I have a blog at abramssam.blogspot.com. Tell Dallas hi and congrats on getting into Dental school.

Anonymous said...

L,
You look more like Cyppy every day!

Cyppy said...

Cool pics, L. Show us some of the green hills of Carolina now!